Transfer Station Complex
The Transfer Station Complex (TSC) serves as a central drop-off location for waste haulers collecting recycling and trash in Lancaster County. Once the material is delivered, it is loaded into LCSWMA transfer trailers and transported to LCSWMA’s two waste-to-energy facilities, our Frey Farm Landfill, or a private recycling facility for final processing and disposal.
- The Transfer Station Complex helps to reduce collection truck traffic on local highways. In fact, for every five customer vehicles that enter the facility, only one LCSWMA transfer trailer leaves.
- This facility receives the most visits, welcoming more than 400 customers per day.
- Over 2,000 solar panels at the site generate enough energy to offset 80% of the facility’s annual electric needs.
- The site also hosts our Main Office and Household Hazardous Waste Facility
Learn more about the Transfer Station Complex in this short video or explore the facility through our self-guided virtual tour.
Plan Your Visit
- Address: 1299 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA 17603
- Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday from 6AM–4PM , Saturdays from 7AM–11AM
- Trash Disposal Information (including fees, accepted materials and more): Click here
- Delivery Instructions: All loads delivered to the Transfer Station Complex must be tarped.
Reminder: Our facilities ONLY accept credit or debit cards. No cash or checks.
Any vehicle or trailer that could be perceived to exceed Registered Gross Vehicle Weights (Vehicle: 17,000lbs. and/or Trailer: 10,000lbs.) must provide vehicle or trailer registrations to Weighmasters to ensure compliance with PA DEP WTSP Requirements.
Watch our helpful video about how to drop off trash at the Transfer Station Complex.