June 24, 2019
The thought of writing a resume intimidates almost anyone. It is difficult to know where to start and what to include. Here are some helpful tips to writing a winning resume and getting that interview:
- Human resources and Hiring Managers are overwhelmed with applications. Make sure your resume is neat and easy to read. Bulleted information and plain readable font is best.
- Less is more. Two pages is usually sufficient, so choose clear, concise language.
- Tailor your resume. If you are applying for more than one job make sure your resume reflects the job you are applying for.
- Include all your contact information. This may be obvious but make sure you provide multiple ways of contacting you including a phone number and email address.
- Use your resume as a marketing tool. State your objective, highlight your strengths and what you can bring to an organization in one or two sentences.
- Work experience should be in chronological order with your most recent job listed first.
- Education is an important part of a resume. Don’t forget to include it!
Looking for a great work environment with an exceptional benefit package that allows you the flexibility to be home every night? LCSWMA offers all of this and more! Work for a stable company that offers both great pay and benefits with a focus on safety and well-being. Employees are provided the tools and resources to make great things happen. Check out our open positions here.