Frey Farm Landfill
Thanks to LCSWMA’s Integrated System, only around 5% of Lancaster County’s waste is sent to the landfill each year. Material delivered to the Frey Farm Landfill consists mostly of inorganic material, like waste-to-energy ash and construction/demolition debris, which produces less gas, odor and litter than a typical landfill.
Key things to know about the Frey Farm Landfill:
- The site is subject to strict regulations and holds the best environmental record of any municipal landfill in Pennsylvania.
- It’s home to three green projects, including:
- Landfill Gas-to-Energy, where we combust landfill gas to create electricity.
- Wind Energy, two wind turbines create enough electricity for neighboring Turkey Hill Dairy manufacturing plant to make 5-6 million gallons of ice cream annually.
- Metals Recovery Facility, a partnership with Blue Phoenix to capture small ferrous and non-ferrous metals for recycling.
Learn more about the Frey Farm Landfill in this short video.
Plan Your Visit
- Address: 3049 River Road, Conestoga, PA 17516
- Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday from 7AM–3:30PM , Saturdays from 7AM–11AM
- Trash Disposal Information (including fees, accepted materials and more): Click here
- Delivery Instructions: All loads delivered to the Frey Farm Landfill must be tarped.