Susquehanna Resource Management Complex
Home to the country’s first waste-to-energy (WTE) facility, the Susquehanna Resource Management Complex (SRMC) offers an environmentally safe and sustainable means for disposing of waste while also generating clean, renewable energy. In fact, the electricity generated during the WTE process is used to power nearby State Capitol Buildings.
WTE offers four key benefits:
- Reduces the volume of waste by 90%, so less material is landfilled.
- Generates renewable energy to power local homes and businesses.
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions by combusting the waste instead of landfilling it.
- Recovers ferrous metals for recycling.
Plan Your Visit
- Address: 1670 South 19th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104
- Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday from 6AM–4PM , Saturdays from 7AM–11AM
- Trash Disposal Information (including fees, accepted materials and more): Click here
- Delivery Instructions: All loads delivered to the SRMC must be tarped.