Susquehanna Resource Management Complex
Home to the country’s first waste-to-energy (WTE) facility, the Susquehanna Resource Management Complex (SRMC) offers an environmentally safe and sustainable means for disposing of waste while also generating clean, renewable energy. In fact, the electricity generated during the WTE process is used to power nearby State Capitol Buildings.
WTE offers four key benefits:
- Reduces the volume of waste by 90%, so less material is landfilled.
- Generates energy to power local homes and businesses. As a qualified tier II renewable generator, Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) are sold to help support the financial sustainability of the facility.
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions by combusting the waste instead of landfilling it.
- Recovers ferrous metals for recycling.
Learn more about the SRMC in this short video or explore the facility through our self-guided virtual tour.
Plan Your Visit
- Address: 1670 South 19th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104
- Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday from 6AM–4PM , Saturdays from 7AM–11AM
- Trash Disposal Information (including fees, accepted materials and more): Click here
- Delivery Instructions: All loads delivered to the SRMC must be tarped.
Reminder: Our facilities ONLY accept credit or debit cards. No cash or checks.
Any vehicle or trailer that could be perceived to exceed Registered Gross Vehicle Weights (Vehicle: 17,000lbs. and/or Trailer: 10,000lbs.) must provide vehicle or trailer registrations to Weighmasters to ensure compliance with PA DEP WTSP Requirements.